NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday, February 2
NBA Betting News and Notes Saturday, February 2
NBA Point Spreads and Picks
By: The Linemakers
The Golden State Warriors (29-17) are one of this season’s nice surprises, as they have jumped out to a .630 winning-percentage. They have won three straight and have a good chance of stretching that streak to four when they host the Phoenix Suns (16-31).
Unfortunately, they have to do so without Stephen Curry. The starting point guard has missed the past two games with a sore right ankle. Jarrett Jack has been a strong backup this season (12.8 PPG, 5.8 APG) and is more than capable of leading his squad to victory over the conference’s second-worst team.
Two more games to keep an eye on are Atlanta Hawks (26-19) vs. Chicago Bulls (28-18) and Portland Trail Blazers (23-23) vs. Utah Jazz (26-21).
If the season ended today, the Bulls would be hosting the Hawks in Game 1 of the NBA playoffs. A lot could change by mid-April, but it is always interesting to watch two teams face-off in a potential playoff preview. The Jazz and Blazers won’t be seeing each other after the regular season ends. Instead, it is much more likely that one knocks the other out of the Western Conference’s playoff field altogether. The Blazers are currently on the outside looking in, but the gap between them and the Jazz’s seven-seed is only 2.5 games.
* The Bulls have failed to cover in their last six Saturday games. The Hawks have covered their past four games following a win and have gone OVER the total in four of their last five games. However, the Bulls and Hawks have stayed UNDER the total in their last four meetings. The Hawks are -7 with a total of 181.5
* The Kings have covered only three of their last 16 games and have gone 0-6 ATS in their last six games against winning teams. The Knicks have covered their last four games against teams with a winning percentage of .400 or below. The Kings have stayed UNDER the total in their last five games against Eastern Conference teams. The Knicks are -11 with a total of 202.5.
* The Thunder have covered their last six Saturday games. The Cavs have covered only once in their last six home games against teams with a road winning percentage of .600 of higher. The Cavs and Thunder have stayed UNDER the total in their past four meetings. The Thunder are 10.5-point road favorites with a total of 205.
* The Bobcats have covered only once in their last five games against Western Conference teams. The Rockets have covered seven of their last 10 home games against teams with a road winning percentage of .400 or lower. The Rockets have gone OVER the total in seven of their last nine home games. The Rockets are -12 with a total of 208.5.
* The Hornets have covered six of their last seven road games and 11 of their last 15 games overall. The T-wolves have covered only twice in their last 12 games. The road team has covered in five of the last seven meetings between the Hornets and T-wolves. The T-wolves are -3 with a total of 189.5.
* The Magic have not covered in their last eight games. The Bucks have covered 13 of their last 19 games against Eastern Conference teams. The Magic have gone OVER the total in 15 of their last 21 games. The Bucks are -10 with a total of 202.
* The Wizards have covered 10 of their last 13 games. The Spurs have covered 11 of their last 12 games when playing on two days rest. They have also stayed UNDER the total in their last seven games when on two days rest. The Spurs are -13 with a total of 193.
* The Jazz have covered only five of their last 18 road games against a team with a winning home record. The Blazers have covered 11 of their past 14 games against teams with a winning record. The Jazz have gone OVER the total in their last four games in Portland. The Blazers are -4 with a total of 192.
* The Suns have failed to cover their last four games when coming off a double-digit home loss. The Warriors have covered and gone OVER the total in four of their last five games. The Suns have gone OVER the total in eight of their last 11 games at Golden State. The Warriors are -8.5 with a total of 201.5.
* Bulls center Joakim Noah (foot) is doubtful tonight.
* Bulls forward Carlos Boozer (hamstring) is doubtful tonight.
* Magic guard Aaron Afflalo (calf) is questionable tonight.
* Magic forward Glen Davis (foot) is OUT indefinitely.
* Magic guard Jameer Nelson (arm) is questionable.
* Wizards guard Bradley Beal (wrist) is questionable tonight.
* Spurs guard Manu Ginobili (hamstring) is OUT tonight.
* Jazz forward Gordon Hayward (shoulder) is OUT.
* Blazers guard Wesley Mathews (ankle) is OUT.
* Warriors guard Stephen Curry (ankle) is questionable tonight.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Average Posts Per Hour:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- robert lutz
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online